If you are interested in serving as a volunteer with our program please view the requirements checklist below! We follow all University Youth Programming requirements to ensure safety of campers, guests and staff.
Pre Camp Training Requirements
- Complete Child Protection Training Online
- Agree to a Background Check
- Large Capacity Van Driving (if applicable)
- Read 24.01.06.M1 Campus Programs for Minors
- Watch Incidents as Icebergs Prezi video
- Watch required incident reporting video
- Complete Incident Reporting Acknowledgement Form
- ALL chaperones are required to attend a PRE CAMP ZOOM Meeting with the camp director and other camp chaperones approxiametly 2 weeks before the camp. These meetings are scheduled to accommodate all chaperones and can be during the day or after hours.
- Chaperones must sign all applicable liability waivers and talent release forms
During Camp Requirements
Chaperones are expected to arrive 30-45 minutes prior to camp check in so they can assist with the check in process (even if they are bringing their own child – they have to arrive early)
Chaperones will be expected to stay until all students have been checked out with their parent/guardian
Chaperones are expected to be “on duty” 24/7 for the entire duration of the camp – there is no leaving the camp for any reason or leaving early
To Apply as a chaperone at one of our upcoming events please click the link below. Once your form is complete a member of the VSCP staff will be in touch with you. Please allow 5-7 business days for correspondence.