Veterinary Science Camp
The goal of the Veterinary Science Camp is to provide experiential learning opportunities for students participating in the Veterinary Science Certificate Program (VSCP) where they can learn basic clinical skills for small animal and large animal veterinary medicine under the direction of a veterinarian.
Members who choose to participate in the Veterinary Science Camp will work alongside their peers to gain the knowledge and hands-on experience they need to meet the program requirements and attain their career goals in becoming a veterinary professional or paraprofessional.
Through involvement in the Veterinary Science Camp students will:
- Gain hands-on veterinary skills taught by industry leaders in education, animal science, and veterinary medicine.
- Learn about real-life situations that impact animal agriculture and companion animals.
- Learn the techniques used by veterinary assistants in a clinical setting.
- Gain and practice skills necessary required to become a Certified Veterinary Assistant.
- Develop presentation and personal communication skills.
- Explore career opportunities in the Veterinary Field.
The Veterinary Science Camp will allow participants to complete 33 of the 78 clinical skills and 24 of the 500 hours required for the VSCP and certification process. In addition, students will leave being Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) Certified.
|2021 Veterinary Science Camps|
|June 7-9||Texas A&M University Kingsville||Kingsville, TX|
|June 14-16||Texas A&M University||College Station, TX|
|July 12-14||West Texas A&M University||Canyon, TX|
|October 14||Texas 4-H Conference Center||Brownwood, TX|
|November 19||Texas 4-H Conference Center||Brownwood, TX|
VETERINARY SCIENCE CAMP Registration will open Spring 2022
|2022 Veterinary Science Camps|
|June 6-8||Texas A&M University Kingsville||Kingsville, TX|
|June 13-15||Texas A&M University||College Station, TX|
|July 18-20||West Texas A&M University||Canyon, TX|